LLM (QIT); LLB (QUT)
Donna is well known as a Family Mediator and Trainer in Family Dispute Resolution. She puts people at ease with her relaxed personal style. Her emphasis is on both the needs of her clients and child focussed parenting solutions. She is experienced in mediating both parenting and financial issues.
Some of Donna’s relevant training an experience is as follows:
- Registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner with the Commonwealth Attorney General’s
- Department and able to issue s60I Certificates under the Family Law Act 1975
- Nationally Accredited Mediator
- Member Legal Aid Queensland Chaiperson Panel for undertaking Family Dispute Resolution Conferences since 1993
- Trained in Child Informed Mediation with Dr Jennifer McIntosh, Family Transitions, in 2011
- Completed training in International Family Mediation, including disputes arising under Hague Convention, with Commonwealth Attorney General’s Department in 2012
- Admitted as a Legal Practitioner in Queensland in 1989
- Worked as a Family Lawyer in private prctice
- Currently teaches Family Dispute Resolution and Family Law in the QUT Law Faculty, publishing regularly in the Family Dispute Resolution area
- Co-author of the Family Law Text, A Harland et al, Family Law Principles (Lawbook Co., 2011)
- Regularly presents Papers at Conferences in the Family Dispute area – eg in 2014 National Mediation Conference, Bond University ADR Ethics Symposium, Australasian Law Teachers Conference and Legal Aid Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Panel Training Day.