LLM (Litigation & Disp Res UQ)
James White is a well respected Brisbane family lawyer. As a mediator and Registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner he has a strong settlement focus. His experience as a mediator is wide ranging across issues in both the public and private sectors with multi party and two party disputes. His competence, easy personal style and experience should put any party to mediation at ease.
Some of James’s relevant Training and Experience is as follows:
- Registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner with the Attorney General’s Department and able to issue s60I Certificates under The Family Law Act 1975
- Lawyer for 26 years – primarily practising in Family Law
- Also practises in the areas of Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Conveyancing, Wills and Estate Administration
- Accredited Mediator with the Queensland Law Society, all Queensland Courts and the Family Court of Australia
- Panel mediator for the Retail Shop Lease Tribunal, Dispute Resolution Centre (Qld Justice Department) and the Residential Tenancies Authority
- Conference Chairperson for Legal Aid Queensland
- Mediated well over 1000 disputes since 1991 throughout Queensland – ranging from Family Law and Workplace to Commercial and Financial disputes.
- Has mediated complex Multi-Party disputes for the Queensland Police Service, Queensland Sugar Board and remote Indigenous Communities, the latter including native title issues
- Facilitated Community Consultative Committees in respect to Waste Management, the Real Estate industry, Tropical Health and Queensland Health
- Mediated in the first Victim-Offender Mediation program in Queensland
- Mediator for the Anglican Church in Brisbane in respect to Sexual Abuse Claims against clergy