Child Inclusive Mediation
This special service allows sensitive and insightful parents to hear from their children about how the separation is affecting them, and make appropriate parenting decisions.
This is a particular model of mediation which:
- Gives older school age children and adolescents a voice in situations of family conflict
- Does not embroil the children in the mediation proper
- Involves highly qualified and experienced independent child consultants (qualified social workers and registered psychologists) interviewing the young people and presenting their views to the mediator and parties
- Facilitates engagement of the parties as part of a child-focused team seeking children’s best interests
- Affords opportunities for post separation parent training
- Potentially cuts through the “he said …. she said” dilemma by going straight to the young people involved to hear their concerns and opinions
- Is not suitable if parents are not mature enough to hear what their children have to say, without confronting or challenging the children
In appropriate cases, the Child Inclusive Model provides a voice for children.
At Brisbane Mediations, we pride ourselves on our expertise in resolving parenting issues. Click here select your mediator/s for a child inclusive dispute resolution process. For further information, call us on (07) 3839 7400.